• Butter: 50 gr
• Ground beef and/or sausage: 500 gr
• 1/2 carrots, diced (100/120 gr)
• 1/2 onions, diced (100/120 gr)
• 1/2 stalk celery, diced (100/120 gr)
• 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• Tomato paste: 180 gr
• Tomato puree: 1,5 lt
• Red wine: 1 glass (200/250 ml)
• Salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. In a large stock pot melt the butter along with the olive oil.
2. Add the chopped carrots, celery and onions and sautee until golden/translucent.
3. Once sauteed, add and brown the ground meat.
4. With a wooden fork, make a shell-shaped hole in the mix and add salt, pepper and the tomato paste.
5. Stir the ingredients so that the paste is absorbed by the meat, then add the red wine and let it simmer over mid-high heat.
6. Put a lid on top but do not cover the pot completely so that the wine can steam up and evaporate.
7. Add the tomato sauce and let it cook over low heat for 40 minutes to two hours (the longer the better) or the time needed so for the sauce to thicken.
8. Taste it and if needed add salt.