Risotto alla Milanese
Carnaroli Rice - 320g
Butter - 125g
White wine - 40g
Vegetable broth - 1 Liter
Fine salt - to taste
Onion - 1 whole
Saffron pistils - 1 teaspoon
Grated Grana Padano - 80g
Water - to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. First, place the saffron in a bowl and pour water over it until they are completely submerged. Mix and let it rest for a night.
2. Prepare the vegetable broth as depicted on the box. Peel and finely mince the onion in a way that will dissolve while cooking.
3. In a large pan, deposit 50g of butter. Melt it over low heat, then add the minced onion.
4. Let it stew for 10-15 minutes while adding the broth to prevent the saute from drying out. The onion should be transparent and soft.
5. Once the onion is stewed, add the rice and toast it for 3-4 minutes. This way, the grains will seal and hold the cooking process well.
6. Splash the mixture with white wine and let it completely evaporate.
7. Let the risotto cook for about 18-20 minutes, adding the broth one ladle at a time as needed. Make sure the grains are always covered.
8. Five minutes before finishing the cooking, add the saffron water that was prepared earlier. This will give the risotto a beautiful gold color and incorporate flavor.
9. Once the cooking is finished, turn off the heat and salt the risotto.
10. Cream the risotto with the grated cheese and the leftover butter. Cover the pan with a lid and let it rest for a couple of minutes.
11. Serve hot.