There is really something for everyone’s taste: pizza with a thin, crunchy crust, or thick, soft crust pizza.
That’s why we decided to give you the recipe for homemade pizza dough! A simple basic recipe that’s prepared with a few ingredients and topped with anything you like! You can even give it an unusual shape! Are you ready to put yourself to the test?
Here's what you'll need:
Flour 500 g
Water (room temperature) 300 ml
Extra virgin olive oil 35 g
Salt, up to 10 g
Fresh brewer's yeast 5 g (or 1.5 / 2 g if dry)
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. In a bowl, mix and dissolve the yeast into the room temperature water. Alternatively, you can also crumble the yeast into the flour, the result will not change.
Keep on pouring the flour and add the water a little at a time while mixing with your hands. At the end, add the salt. Mix the dough until the mixture is smooth. At this point you can add the olive oil little by little while you continue to mix the dough. Finally, transfer the dough to a working surface and knead it with your hands.
2. Once your dough is nice and smooth, let it rest on your working surface for about ten minutes, covering it with a bowl.
3. Once rested, fold it using this technique: imagine that the dough ball is divided into 4 parts, take the end of each part and gently pull and fold it towards the center. Then make it into the shape of a ball. Afterwards, transfer the dough to a bowl, cover it with plastic wrap and let it rise. For convenience, you can put the bowl in the oven. Don’t turn on the oven but keep the oven light on, so the inside will reach a temperature of 26-28 °C, which is ideal for leavening the dough. You can also keep the bowl in a warm place. The amount of time for the dough to rise can change since the different types of dough, the temperature and weather conditions can all have an effect on the leavening process. On average, the dough should take 2 hours to double in size.
4. After the leavening time has passed, the dough will be pretty swollen. Transfer it to your working surface. If you need to, you can lightly flour the surface. Roll out the pizza dough and season it to your liking.
5. Bake in the oven between 200 °C and 250 °C and enjoy your pizza!
Once it has risen, the pizza dough can also be frozen, preferably already divided into portions, and stored in a freezer bag. Then, all you have to do is let your portion defrost at room temperature and follow your recipe.